10 Different Types of Office Chairs
Office chairs have become a necessity of life. There are many different kinds - some for leisure, some for working and some for a particular job or task. There are even a wide variety of office chairs. Below are ten types of office chairs, but even several of these items may apply to a particular office chair. For example, a conference chair may also be a stacking chair or a mesh office chair. To fully understand and explain the different types, however, we will explain each chair's basic characteristic.
1) Executive office chair - The executive chair generally is one of the better made chairs. It is usually upholstered with good fabric, maybe even leather. The most common characteristic of an executive office chair is the high back rest, usually accompanied with a head rest as well. The executive chair usually has adjustable height and other seat adjustments. They are generally swivel chairs that can also slightly recline in posture for resting or a short nap.
2) Mesh office chair - The name of this chair describes the type of fabric used to cover the padding of the chair. Mesh is much like a net in appearance and feel. The biggest advantage of a mesh chair is the great air circulation which allows the chair to remain cool. The person sitting in the chair will not feel hot and sweaty because of the ventilation of the fabric. Of course, this in turn will allow the employee to feel more comfortable and thus, get more work done.
3) Leather task chair - Like the mesh chair, the leather chair is named thus because the seat is made of leather. Leather has been a favorite of people for many years due to its rich appearance and ability to last a long time. Many executive chairs are made of leather material because leather is soft and more comfortable than other fabrics.
4) Ergonomic office chair - Ergonomic chairs are made with the comfort of the user in mind. Someone sitting in an ergonomic office chair will have the ability to find the right settings to maintain proper posture. This, in turn, will prevent back pain and also help relax the muscles. Every part of an ergonomic chair is designed to provide support and comfort to your body.
5) Operator Seating - These are office chairs that have casters and also swivel. They are a popular work chair because they are adjustable to various heights and weights. Various people can sit in one of these chairs with each one making the adjustments to make the chair comfortable for their bodies.
6) Recliners - Obviously a recliner is a chair that allows one to sit back and rest. However, an office recliner is usually an executive type office chair that is large, padded and allows the user to lie back enough to actually rest. Oftentimes, a recliner will have a footstool made of the same material and padding.
7) Visitor, Reception and Side Chair - This type of chair is the most versatile and can serve many needs. They are usually stationery chairs that are not intended to be moved around. They are generally simple chairs that do not have wheels or much padding. They are usually for short-term seating and are sometimes stackable as well.
8) Conference chair - These types of chairs can range from more simple chairs like the side chair to the recliner-type chairs. These are usually chairs that are used around conference tables, so they often have caster wheels. They are also made to be more comfortable because people sit for lengthy periods of time in them.
9) Stacking chair - These are obviously chairs that can be stacked on top of one another. Stacking chairs can be made of harder fabric such as hard plastic. They can also be made of fabric with a metal frame. These types of chairs are very versatile because they can be stacked if necessary to be moved quickly and easily.
10) Work Stools - This type of chair is one used by many medical professionals. They usually have a broad base with caster wheels. They also have many ergonomic features so that adjustments can be made while working. Many doctors and dentists use this type of chair while they work. They are generally easy to clean and require little maintenance, as they will be moved and used intensely throughout the work day.
There are many types of office chairs and one must decide what is best for his or her situation. Due to the technological age in which we live, office chairs have become a specialty product, giving people many options from which to choose. Choose carefully, shop around and you will find a chair that meets your office needs.
Is it time to upgrade the furniture in your office? Consider leather task chairs or a mesh back task chair for your office needs. Visit our website today to find the most up-to-date office chairs.